Monday, May 14, 2012

End of the Year

With 9 days left...Yahoo!!!! I started taking down stuff in the classroom. We are supposed to have our classrooms done by Friday so that the kiddos have all their stuff  and the recycling bins aren't overflowing the last week of school. As I was taking it down, I noticed that I really did not have a lot up. The kids have been very helpful! They emptied my bins, washed them out, removed all the staples from the bulletin boards and helped weed out the dried out markers from the ones that still work. It's amazing how helpful they were today. The whole time I kept thinking about my new classroom...what does it look like, how much space will I have, what materials will be in there, bulletin boards...the mind is a workin.

On May 29th, I have to stop at my old school and do the official drop off the keys and then I am going to go over to my new school and see if I can get in and take some measurements and pictures. From what I remember of the other classrooms, there is not a lot of bulletin board space so I know that I will have to use wall space. There are some amazing Pinterest ideas for word walls and such.

Here is my favorite: Word Wall. Last I night on TPT, I found fish word wall letters that will use and then color coordinate with scrap-booking paper.

I have been trying to figure out what else I want to do in my classroom besides colorful fish and finally, it came to me...blues and lime greens. I found material at Hobby Lobby and made some crate benches for my reading table and decided to go with that.
Blue, Aqua and Lime Green Hanging Lanterns I need to find these!!!!!

Tonight, report cards and SGOs :( yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment