Friday, July 1, 2011

Lesson Plans

I have been a teacher for 12 years and lesson plans have been a hot topic for me. Not for maybe the reasons you are thinking, but for the fact that I am really crazy :) I can write lesson plans, carry them through, but if something happens and throws them off a day, I HAVE to rewrite them ALL. So as you can see the traditional lesson plan books do not help me. I can't tell you how much money I have spent on those stupid lesson plan books. A few years ago, I had an awakening and realized that I can't use the typical lesson plans.I started developing my own templates that worked for me, but there again, I ran into my issues of having to rewrite, reconstruct, re everything about them. I seriously hope that I am not the only one with this issue...

Part of my renewal of teaching is to try something new - NOT CHANGE my lesson plan template and be faithful to it for the entire year.

That being said, I sat down last night with the goal to develop my lesson plan template for the upcoming school year. With the changes I needed to make due to district changes, the expectations of what my principal wants to see on them...the lesson plan needed to be on a huge poster piece of paper for just one day - in other words - I could not do it on one paper. So I changed it and tried something new...

I put each subject on a different template (I know that talked about that earlier and thought it wasn't going to work) and it seemed to really click with me. I finished two templates last night and my schedule.

Morning Meeting and Skills

Math 

Schedule

I am having some issues with Google docs...the fonts and structure of the document gets changed...hopefully you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment